Be part of it!
How to get Involved!
Representing 40% of the visitor market, cultural tourism is taken increasingly seriously by cities and regions the world over. It delivers rich and memorable experiences. It triggers the imagination. It connects visitors with the landscape and the heritage, art and ideas of the host community. It builds up a story of a place, where it has come from and where it is going. It creates compelling destinations, known for what they stand for as well as what they offer.
In partnership with the Department for Communities Historic Environment Division, Heritage Lottery Fund and the Arts Council for Northern Ireland, Tourism NI wants to work with heritage sites and partners to support on the development of new cultural heritage experiences during 2018/2019.
A Support Programme will be provided in a number of ways:
- To those projects who were successful in the European Year of Cultural Heritage (EYCH) award scheme
- To those developing new innovative market-ready experiences
- To those developing new immersive technology experience
(a) A Programme of Support
Following the EYCH funding opportunity made available to Northern Ireland’s Cultural and Heritage sector – which is now closed – a programme of support is being made available to the successful applicants.
If you are interested in developing new heritage tourism experiences, Tourism NI is tailoring a programme of Industry Development including facilitated workshops and coaching to help develop market-ready experiences.
- We would like to hear from cultural heritage sites and experience providers who want to develop new and enhanced market-led experiences.
- Support will be provided in the form of group workshops and one to one training support, tailored to the demand and need arising from levels of interest. Support will include experience development, sales and marketing support, audience development and clusters/collaborative networks.
- Period of support will be provided from September 2018 to March 2019.
(c) Immersive Technology Workshops
- Similar to the innovative market-ready experiences, we would to hear from cultural heritage sites and experience providers who want to further develop new immersive technologies to showcase their cultural heritage offering.
- Support will be provided in the form of group workshops and one to one training support – experience development, sales and marketing support, audience development and clusters/collaborative networks.
- Two workshops will take place to focus on the potential of immersive technology to enhance the visitor experience at heritage locations:
- Tuesday 25th September 2018 (10.00am – 12.00pm)
- Tuesday 16th October 2018 (10.00am – 12.00pm)
* Further details will be announced shortly.
Please register your interest along with details of the proposed experience to: email@example.com