How can you get involved?
Tourism NI’s consumer website
Local tourism providers can use Tourism NI’s consumer website discovernorthernireland.com to promote their offering. In 2017* the consumer website received over 2.8 million visits from tourists seeking information on events, attractions, accommodation and things to see and do in Northern Ireland.*(Figures based on period Jan - Dec 2017)
For more information on promoting your tourism business on discovernorthernireland.com please download and read our Contributor Agreement (for events please download the Events Contributor Agreement).
If your offering (e.g. attraction, certified tourist accommodation premises or event etc.) meets the criteria please contact a member of the Visitor Information team at email@example.com or telephone 028 90441 551.
Once your tourism business is included on Tourism NI’s consumer website discovernorthernireland.com it will be automatically included on Tourism Ireland’s international consumer website ireland.com within 48 hours. In 2017 ireland.com received 19+ million visits.
To make the most of your unique listing on discovernorthernireland.com check out our guide to making the most of your online web presence.
The destination marketing team delivers a compelling all-Ireland marketing and communications programme, designed to change perceptions of Northern Ireland through increased positive messages in the domestic and international markets. A range of advertising campaigns are delivered throughout the year in Tourism NI’s key markets of Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
To find out about our current campaigns please click here.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Social & digital marketing
Tourism NI can offer a range of social and digital marketing opportunities for your accommodation business. Each year we achieve 1.5 million customer interactions and reach on average 3.3 million people with our marketing messages across web and social channels, so join in the conversation!
Facts & Figures
- Our Facebook page has over 127,000 likes and the figure is growing every day
- We have over 52,000 followers on Twitter
- Our YouTube Channel receives over 1 million video views per year
- Tourism NI Display Ads can receive over 3.9m views
- We have an email database of over 65,000 users
- Rapidly growing audiences on Instagram & Pinterest.
How can I get involved?
- If you have interesting stories about your business or local area, quirky facts or events, please share your stories!
- If you are out and about, take pictures! We love to ‘tweet’ and ‘share’ photos taken by local people and visitors experiencing the best of Northern Ireland. Engage with us from your social media accounts and encourage anyone staying with you to share their experience using #discoverni
- Tourism NI run a number of bespoke marketing campaigns each year. In line with these campaigns, why not upload a special offer?
- You can submit offers at any time of the year and we can tie these in with smaller themes such as Halloween events, Belfast festivals etc.
- Send us competition prizes. If you want to offer a family break, a romantic weekend for two, or partner with a local tourist attraction, send in your suggestions
- Suggest a blog feature - a story, interview or feature that we can promote on our channels
- There are opportunities for inclusion in email marketing, articles and various other marketing opportunities.
You can send all content, features, ideas and suggestions for consideration to email@example.com.
Other marketing opportunities
Our NI PR team arrange Tourism NI’s public relations activity in the NI market. You can get involved in these activities by giving us information about your tourism product. Opportunities include weekly events listings, competition prizes and press releases.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourism NI’s Media Visits team also host significant numbers of national and international press throughout the year (the latter in partnership with Tourism Ireland.) There are opportunities to provide services as part of these familiarisation trips through accommodation, tours, activities and meals.
For more information contact email@example.com
The Republic of Ireland Unit (ROI) is primarily responsible for all PR and Sales & Marketing activity undertaken in the ROI market. Our ROI PR team arrange Tourism NI’s public relations activity in the ROI market. You can get involved in these activities by giving us information about your tourism product. Opportunities include weekly events listings, competition prizes and press releases.
Contact the team if you have an offer, story or event you would like included in a press release or provide services for a familiarisation trip. Opportunities also exist to participate in one of our many ROI sales platforms, industry engagement with tour operators or the group market.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org