How can you get involved?
Tourism NI’s consumer website
Local tourism providers can use Tourism NI’s consumer website discovernorthernireland.com to promote their offering. In 2017* the consumer website received over 2.8 million visits from tourists seeking information on events, attractions, accommodation and things to see and do in Northern Ireland.*(Figures based on period Jan - Dec 2017)
For more information on promoting your tourism business on discovernorthernireland.com please download and read our Contributor Agreement (for events please download the Events Contributor Agreement).
If your offering (e.g. attraction, certified tourist accommodation premises or event etc.) meets the criteria please contact a member of the Visitor Information team at email@example.com or telephone 028 90441 551.
Once your tourism business is included on Tourism NI’s consumer website discovernorthernireland.com it will be automatically included on Tourism Ireland’s international consumer website ireland.com within 48 hours. In 2017 ireland.com received 19+ million visits.
To make the most of your unique listing on discovernorthernireland.com check out our guide to making the most of your online web presence.
The destination marketing team delivers a compelling all-Ireland marketing and communications programme, designed to change perceptions of Northern Ireland through increased positive messages in the domestic and international markets. A range of advertising campaigns are delivered throughout the year in Tourism NI’s key markets of Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
To find out about our current campaigns please click here.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Social & digital marketing
With a continuously growing consumer and corporate footprint on social media, Tourism NI have a significant online presence.
Facts & Figures
- Our Facebook page has over 160,000 likes and the figure is growing every day
- We have over 100,000 followers on @DiscoverNI Twitter
- We have over 60,000 followers on @NITouristBoard Twitter
- We have over 40,000 followers on Instagram
- We have an email database of over 100,000 users
- Rapidly growing presence on LinkedIn
How can I get involved?
- If you have interesting stories or quirky facts about your tourism business or local area, share your stories. If you are out and about, take great pictures. You can share your content using our #discoverni.
- Encourage your visitors to share their experience using #discoverni.
- Tourism NI run a number of activations and campaigns each year. In line with this, why not upload a special offer to our website?
- You can submit offers at any time of the year. These may be themed or seasonal such as Halloween events, Belfast festivals etc.
You can send all content, features, ideas and suggestions for consideration to email@example.com.
Other marketing opportunities
Our NI PR team arrange Tourism NI’s public relations activity in the NI market. You can get involved in these activities by giving us information about your tourism product. Opportunities include weekly events listings, competition prizes and press releases.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourism NI’s Media Visits team also host significant numbers of national and international press throughout the year (the latter in partnership with Tourism Ireland.) There are opportunities to provide services as part of these familiarisation trips through accommodation, tours, activities and meals.
For more information contact email@example.com
The Republic of Ireland Unit (ROI) is primarily responsible for all PR and Sales & Marketing activity undertaken in the ROI market. Our ROI PR team arrange Tourism NI’s public relations activity in the ROI market. You can get involved in these activities by giving us information about your tourism product. Opportunities include weekly events listings, competition prizes and press releases.
Contact the team if you have an offer, story or event you would like included in a press release or provide services for a familiarisation trip. Opportunities also exist to participate in one of our many ROI sales platforms, industry engagement with tour operators or the group market.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org