Tourism NI Marketing Campaigns
How you can get involved
Our award-winning campaigns are fully integrated and we use the full range of the media mix to communicate our messages, raise awareness and provide a clear call to action to book a short break in NI. Each campaign delivers high coverage of our markets and makes a tangible difference.
Tourism NI delivers three annual marketing campaigns - Spring, Summer & Autumn. For each campaign, we invite the industry to participate, in particular to provide offers to feature in each campaign. These offers will then feature as supporting content on discovernorthernireland.com
Tourism NI's marketing campaigns were awarded Gold at the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Marketing Excellence Awards 2012 and in 2014 Best Use of Digital Marketing and the Chair’s Award.
Dubai Duty Free Irish Open Campaign
Tourism Northern Ireland’s Dubai Duty Free Irish Open advertising Campaign is currently live in the Republic of Ireland market simultaneously promoting the event in July and Northern Ireland as a golfing destination.
The campaign by numbers;
Republic of Ireland
- We will be airing a 30 second TV ad primarily targeting men 15+, delivering 1115 spots across RTE, Sky and Eirsport, with a focus on programming such as PGA EUROPRO TOUR GOLF 2017, European Tour Golf 2017, Soccer Republic, UEFA Champions League, F1 Grand Prix, Golf Central, Jack Nicklaus, Tee to Green and Championship Rugby Union. It is estimated the TV campaign alone will be exposed to almost 1.5million men 15+. To view the ad click here.
- High impact vinyl wrapping the glass entrance at Connolly station, ensuring all rail passengers are exposed to the campaign.
- Further engagement will be delivered via the highly impactful 12 outdoor panels including the digital gallery in Connolly Station.
- Dublin City Centre awareness of the Irish Open will also be enhanced using 5 large scale, double deck mega rear bus wraps which will travel throughout the Greater Dublin area and 12% of all adults will see the campaign at least once equating to 125,641 impacts.
- We will have 2 press insertions in the highly targeted Tee to Green section of the Irish Independent and a 6 page partnership with Golf Digest (incorporating a competition to win tickets and accommodation at the Irish Open, as well as 40 Social posts across Facebook & Twitter). Total readership: 648,000.
- Digitally, the Golf Digest partnership will also deliver 4 Golf editorial pieces, 4 front cover splashes, 2 readers competitions and 1 video interview newsletter. This will be supported by 220,000 impressions on the Irish Times website, using a skin, billboard, online advertising and leaderboard formats.
- Additional reach will also be delivered via Google search, a 30 second YouTube video and 9 topical Facebook posts. 210,000 online advertising impressions will also run on the Golf section of the Mailonline.
- 26 strategically selected outdoor sites will be used to showcase the Irish Open and give Tourism Northern Ireland corporate ownership of the event using a combination of outdoor panels and a highly impactful Adshel wrap. These will be located on main arterial routes to (and surrounding) the North Coast. 41% of all adults will view it approx. 7 times which equates to 1,392,098 impacts.
- Digitally, 200,000 page impressions will run on the sports section of the Belfast telegraph online.
All traffic will be driven to discovernorthernireland.com where consumers will find a host of Irish Open event information including how to get here and where to stay.
In addition, we will be running a ‘Win a Place in the Pro Am’ competition which is featured on discovernorthernireland.com and which will be pushed out through all our social and digital channels.