Managing Your Listing
1. Make sure your business is on TripAdvisor and use it. Visit tripadvisor.com/owners and claim your business.
2. Upload photos / videos - Select photos that highlight your business’ best features and show potential guests what to expect at your facility. For guidance on photos check out the Tourism NI getting the most from your photography toolkit.
3. Get your listing on the map - Maps help visitors place your business within the area they are visiting and better plan their trip. If your listing is not located on the map, or your business is displayed in the wrong location, you can update it through the Management Center.
4. Showcase your listing, online and offline - Encourage customers to write reviews. You can use TripAdvisor’s Review Express to send emails to previous guests. Get a free TripAdvisor sticker for your front door, window or high-traffic area or add a TripAdvisor App to your Facebook Business Page.
5. Link to your website - This can be done by adding a widget. Widgets allow you to add TripAdvisor content to your own website. Some widgets display your latest reviews and awards, while others promote the best of your local area, link to your TripAdvisor page, or encourage customers to review your business.
6. Monitor and respond to reviews – positive and negative. Responding to negative reviews shows prospective guests that you value feedback, and want to provide the best experience possible. Guest feedback provides an opportunity to make operational improvements.
For advice on managing your TripAdvisor listing visit https://www.tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights
Do NOT offer incentives for reviews. Incentives, like offering vouchers or upgrades in exchange for writing a review, actually violate TripAdvisor rules because special treatment or discounts can hinder the validity and accuracy of a guest’s reviews.
Some helpful resources from TripAdvisor
• Getting started
• Hotels & B&B How to Market Your Hotel or B&B on TripAdvisor for Free
• How to Optimize Your Restaurant Listing on TripAdvisor
• How to Optimize Your Attraction Listing on TripAdvisor
**Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, July 2016