WorldHost Award for the Discover Ulster-Scots Centre
WorldHost, Marketing Campaigns
Published August 10, 2018
Hard work by staff at the Discover Ulster-Scots Centre, Belfast was rewarded this week with a presentation of a WorldHost Award for excellent customer service from Tourism NI. This prestigious award celebrates and recognizes the commitment to deliver exceptional levels of customer service and is aimed at increasing awareness of other cultures and how to communicate effectively with visitors from overseas.
The award was presented at a special reception in the Discover Ulster-Scots Centre by Tourism NI Regional Manager Martin Graham who commended staff on their work in promoting Ulster-Scots heritage, culture and language and on achieving the required standards to become a WorldHost recognised business.
Following the presentation, Mr Graham said “We are delighted that the Discover Ulster-Scots Centre in Belfast has undergone WorldHost customer service training for their staff. We recognise the importance of excellent customer service in the tourism industry and it is regularly deemed a very important part of the visitor experience by our domestic and international visitors”.
The Discover Ulster-Scots Centre is located in historic Corn Exchange building in the Cathedral Quarter, Belfast which has become one of the most vibrant areas of the city. As well as permanent exhibitions, the Centre also hosts a range of events throughout the year.
- Eric Montgomery Gallery showing history of Scotch-Irish pioneers and how they shaped America right up to the present day
- Exhibition panels covering ten major stories, starting with the arrival of Edward Bruce in 1315
- Language and literature area gives examples of Ulster-Scots publishing, as well as words most people use every day
- Journey planner map highlights other Ulster-Scots places to visit
- Audio-visual terminals allow you to watch films and search databases
- Display cases feature rare artefacts and publications
- Free literature, much of which isn’t available elsewhere
- Mannequins in traditional Scotch-Irish Costumes
- Gift shop offering books, CDs and tartan wares
Friendly and knowledgeable staff will answer any questions you have and will give you advice on other places to visit.
Discover Ulster-Scots Centre,
The Corn Exchange,
1-9 Victoria Street,
Belfast. BT1 3GA.
Open Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm.
For more information: Tel 02890 436710 www.discoverulsterscots.com
Posted by Tourism NI
Produced by Tourism NI