Newstalk Radio Broadcasts Live From Northern Ireland
Published March 12, 2019
Republic of Ireland national radio station NEWSTALK will broadcast live from Northern Ireland from Monday 11 – Friday 15th March in conjunction with Tourism NI (ROI Office).
Newstalk has 768,000 weekly listeners while Daily Listenership is 419,000 and includes flagship shows such as Pat Kenny and Ivan Yates. The week long partnership will be supported by social and online support across their channels.
Five shows will travel to Northern Ireland to showcase what NI has to offer. The schedule includes:
- Monday 11th – Newstalk Breakfast Show (7-9am) : Belfast
- Tuesday 12th – The Pat Kenny Show (9-12) : Derry
- Wednesday 13th – Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly (12-2pm) : Fermanagh
- Thursday 14th – The Hard Shoulder with Ivan Yates (4-7pm) : Titanic Belfast
- Friday 15th – Moncrieff (2-4pm) : Causeway Coast
Clare McCoy, PR Officer (ROI) for Tourism NI said:
“We are delighted to host Newstalk and their presenters for the first time for a week-long promotion to showcase all that Northern Ireland has to offer, especially as the Republic of Ireland market represents a significant tourism opportunity. Our Spring Campaign runs until the end of March and features six themes covering every region in Northern Ireland, showcasing the wide variety of things to see, do and experience on a short break in Northern Ireland
Radio remains one of the most important media in Ireland with daily listening at 83% of all adults and Newstalk is now the second most listened to station with continued audience growth”
Patricia Monahan, Managing Editor Newstalk: “We are excited to be broadcasting from these beautiful locations in Northern Ireland and being able to share experiences with our listeners.”
Make sure to tune in on FM106-108 or at Newstalk.com or on the Newstalk App:
Key figures for Newstalk weekday programmes:
• Newstalk Breakfast Reach 128,000 (Up 7,000 Book-on-Book, up 9,000 Year-on-Year)
• The Pat Kenny Show –Reach 155,000 (Up 6,000 Book-on-Book, up 12,000 Year-on-Year)
• Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly – Reach 105,000 (Up 4,000 Book-on-Book, up 6,000 Year-
•Sean Moncrieff – Reach 97,000 (Up 6,000 Book-on-Book, up 15,000 Year-on-Year)
• The Hard Shoulder with Ivan Yates – Reach 170,000 (Up 13,000 Book-on-Book, up 31,000
The latest JNLR results show more than 3.17 million listeners (15+) tune into radio every weekday, with daily radio listening at 83% of all adults.
Posted by Tourism NI
Produced by Tourism NI