Tourism NI Launches its 2020 Spring Marketing Campaign
Published February 26, 2020
Tourism Northern Ireland has launched its Spring 2020 Marketing campaign running across TV, radio, press, outdoor, digital, social and PR until 31st March 2020, promoting the destination to key Republic of Ireland (ROI) and Northern Ireland visitor segments.
The focus of the campaign is the consumer launch of our new experience brand- Northern Ireland Embrace a Giant Spirit (EAGS). The Campaign will be an integrated brand launch along with a tactical element, comprised of: Experiences, Destination, Accommodation offering, Events & Festivals.
Overarching Campaign Stats:
Republic of Ireland
- 2 x 40 second TV adverts, which 75% of the ROI adult viewing population will see at least once, equating to 21.756 million adults, 50% of which will see it at least three times.
- 1 x 40 second radio advert, targeting the key OME segment will run across RTE Radio 1; reaching 3.244 million adults.
- Outdoor activity will include the impactful entrance wrap at Connolly station, and bus T Sides in the Dublin Metropolitan area, reaching an estimated 525,000 adults.
- Press-wise, 6 x Double Page Spread (DPS) advertorials, (in the form of 48 hour itineraries) will run in the Sunday Independent Life Magazine and The Irish Times Saturday Magazine, supported by further DPS advertorials in 8 border county titles. A total of 14 insertions have been planned, which will reach an estimated 2.752 million adults.
- Highly targeted digital media plan consisting of: programmatic and high impact display, VoD, search, social, native partnerships with Irish Independent, Irish Times and Dublin Live partnership, programmatic podcasts and stories, in total delivering over 8.8 million impressions.
- 1 x 40 second TV ad which 70% of all adults will see at least once, equating to 6.035 million adults, 35% of which will see it at least four times.
- A mix of 48 sheet billboards across Greater Belfast, 1 x premium backlit 96 sheet in Belfast city centre and 1 x highly impactful 384 sheet along the Sydenham By-Pass. It is estimated that this activity will reach over 2.536 million adults at least 9 times.
- A Family fun partnership will run in the Easter edition of NI4Kids, incorporating a Double Page Spread, a competition running across their social channels and a bespoke e-zine. It is estimated that this activity will reach over 2,410 million adults.
- Highly targeted digital media plan consisting of: programmatic and high impact display, VoD, search, social, digital Belfast Telegraph partnership and programmatic podcasts delivering over 1.8 million impressions.
- 83 offers from industry partners.
- 65 industry partner applications for the Co-operative Marketing Fund
- £157k of Co-operative Marketing Funds pledged to support ROI marketing activity.
- Co-ordinated activity with industry partners.
See below our tv advertisement.
How can you get involved?
To discover more about Embrace a Giant Spirit, download toolkits, view videos and find out how to feature your experience visit www.tourismni.com/embraceagiantspirit
Check out our top tips for getting involved via your digital and social media channels by downloading our guide here.
Posted by Tourism NI
Produced by Tourism NI