Sorry this event has now finished.
This one-day training course organised by AKU Training provides a complete introduction to GDPR that will enable you to assess its impact on your organisation and identify compliance activities.
Event Cost: £330+VAT
This course is designed to help you understand:
- the key changes to data protection law,
- how those changes may affect your organisation, and
- how to create a plan to help your organisation meet GDPR compliance in time.
Current data protection law was designed in the early nineteen nineties. Advances in technology such as the invention of the internet, mobile devices, and social media to name a few mean that the Data Protection Act 1998 is no longer fit for purpose. Consequently, Europe has introduced new legislation aimed at protecting personal data in the world we’re living in today, known as the General Data Protection Regulations or GDPR.
On this one day course you will learn:
- Why your organisation needs to pay attention to data protection
- Background to the GDPR
- How GDPR will affect your organisation
- Data protection obligations on organisations under the 1998 Act and how these change under GDPR
- The Brexit effect on GDPR
- Nine key changes brought in by GDPR
- Mandatory Data Protection Officers – when do you need one?
- Changes in territorial scope
- The complexities of making international transfers of data
- New responsibilities for data processors
- New penalties and auditing powers of the ICO
- Privacy by design
- Risks and consequences for a data breach in your organisation
- Create a plan to meet GDPR compliance in your organisation
For more information on the event please contact email@example.com.